Search Engine Optimization is essential because, in today’s world of business, organic search is responsible for the majority of website traffic.
The increased competition among industries around the world has led to a change in search engine algorithms. Now the formulae that search engines use to rank your website has become more sophisticated. So, one needs an effective SEO architecture and planning to make things happen in the right way.
If you want to be consistent and know what you are doing concerning your SEO efforts, you have to do your SEO planning way ahead. Today, let’s see how to plan your SEO blueprint for the next three months.
Step 1: Strategy Development
The beginning step of any SEO plan should be building a strong strategy. Start with making a list of topics you’d like to work on for SEO. You might have known a lot of SEO strategies. But jumping into all of them at once can cost you more with a very little or no result. Work on framing the initial strategies such as:
- Defining your target audience – Identify your ‘market value proposition,’ and narrow down to strategizing your SEO efforts to only highly converting audiences.
- Keyword research – Do your keyword research based on what the audience wants.
Step 2: Competitor Analysis
Find out if your competitors are doing better than you or not. This is probably the fastest and best way to knock down your competitors on the SERPs.
Your Checklist For Competitor Analysis:
- Find out keywords that your competitors are ranking for. If all of your competitors are going after a particular set of keywords, then there is nothing wrong for you to target the same. Tools like SEMRush or Ahrefs can be handy to do this.
- Check out your competitor’s content formula. For example, keep an eye on their keyword density, content structure, imagery, etc.
- See how they appear on the SERPs. Check how they are maintaining their META descriptions.
- Analyze their design and website performance.
Step 3: Resourcing & Outreach
The primary goal of outreach is to reach out to valuable resources in the market to start backlinking. Valuable resources can be websites that have a high profile or popular social media influencers. Build strategies for your SEO outreaching. The best-proven outreach strategies are Blogger Outreach and Guest Posting. The other way to do this is – find influences or prospects that could be potentially interested in your business and send outreach emails to work your partnerships.
Keep In Mind :
While outreaching the prospects, you need to consider the topic relevance. You need to analyze whether this collaboration works for your company’s growth or not and know how much the prospect’s profile is aligned with your business niche.
Step 4: Team Management & Responsibilities
Building a well-defined SEO team with a disciplined allotment of work responsibilities triggers SEO effectiveness and efficiency. SEO can get real clumsier when you do not have a disorganized workflow. Frame your team before you start your SEO practices for better working experience on SEO.
Tips To Build An Extraordinary Work Flow:
- Define the hierarchy of SEO team from entry- to top-level SEO professionals.
- Conduct specific meetings every week to go very specific about details.
- Keep track of time and profitability.
- Hire resources according to the requirement.
All your work during the first month is to get everything ready to start the real show. The real show time begins now. Let’s get started with month-2 planning.
Step 1: Website Optimization
Work on the look, flow, and functionality of your website. Make search engines find your site easy to understand. Also, when a user visits your website, he should just be enticed with his entire experience.
How To Do It?
- Optimize your on-page code.
- Get your website an SSL Certificate.
- Make sure that your web-pages load within 3 seconds.
- Use the optimum level of redirects.
- Work on anchor text distribution.
- Build a structured navigation system.
Step 2: Link Building
Link building is a significant factor for how search engines rank web pages. Search engines look at how many people or websites linked to your page and decides whether to rank you on top or not. The greater the quality of your backlinks, the higher will be your search rankings.
Link your website to high domain authorized sites to build high-quality links.
Step 3: Content Development
Content means more than just your blog. Create ‘high-quality-original content’ to keep your audience engage with your website. Keep your audience in mind while you work on content. Delivering to the requirement of your target audience is the key to your SEO success. Building an intelligent strategy in content domain helps search engines index your site pretty well.
What To Work On?
- Use good images to make your content aesthetically pleasing.
- Make your page titles, URLs, image tags, meta descriptions unique and keyword oriented.
- Check your keyword usage and internal links.
Step 4: Social Efforts
One of the common reality that most of you do not realize is that social media works great for SEO. Social media marketing encourages more external sites to link to your content. Improved social signals help to rank your pages within search engine results. So build your popularity on social media like Facebook and Twitter to make your way into Google’s results. Grow your number of followers, be interactive and make yourself identified on social media.
Step 1: Figure Out Do’s & Don’ts
Not all SEO techniques can work for you. You need to know what is best for your business. Track your SEO progress so that you can plan your tactics for ongoing strategy iterations. It is always better to keep a check on what you are doing, and cut down your Search Engine Optimization practices if they are not meant for you. Start creating new SEO habits and enhance the existing ones.
Step 2: SEO Tools & Performance
Which tool is performing well for your business? How is your team doing with a specific tool? Do you have to change the tool and replace it with a new one? You need to find answers to all of these questions at this stage. Tracking your best converting SEO strategy is essential. In the same way, one has to keep track of the performance of SEO tools.
Step 3: Gap Analysis
“What is Gap Analysis of SEO?” Gap Analysis helps to improve overall user engagement. With this analysis, you can know which pieces of content perform better than others. Do your gap analysis, know your end-goals, develop topics to drive valuable traffic and generate the best customer journey for your business.
Analyze The Following:
- Is your content not showing up for relevant queries?
- Is your content not ranking high enough in search engine perspective?
- Are you bringing non-converting traffic to your website?
Step 4: Reporting
Sink your teeth into the data points, track your investment and ROI metrics. Tap into key SEO KPIs. Combine valuable SEO data with beautiful visualizations, and prepare clean dashboards for keeping track of your overall SEO efforts. Reporting is beneficial to make each one of the team understand the SEO initiatives, work progress and end-goals.
What do you think?
SEO may seem like a time-swallowing or complicated task. But comprehensive planning breaks it to quite an easy one. What is the plan you’ve been thinking about to boost your SEO value? Let us know!