“bounce”. When people bounce, it affects your search ranking. Here this post explains the most effective methods to reduce bounce rate and increase conversions and sales.
What is bounce rate?
Bounce rate is the percentage of your visitors who leave your website after viewing a single page.
How do we calculate bounce rate?
Google Analytics calculate and report the bounce rate of a web page and bounce rate of a website. A high bounce rate can be a sign that your content is less relevant and not targeted to the visitor’s need. If visitors are not sticking around your website, then it is your responsibility to attract them to view multiple pages and generate leads.
Why it is important to reduce bounce rate?
Reducing bounce rate helps to boost your conversion rate and generate leads.
How to reduce bounce rate?
- Focus on relevant Content: One of the reasons that your target customers might leave your site due to lack of relevance. People always search for relevant content when they click on the search result. So, develop relevant content and make it more readable.
Tips to make your content more readable:
- Use relevant and high-quality keywords into headings.
- Use relevant images, videos and infographics etc (Follow effective SEO Techniques)
- Ask a lot of questions to your visitors.
- Avoid Annoying advertisements and Popups: If a user is over-faced with annoying advertisements and popups they might leave your site. So, it is better to keep any advertisements and pop-ups minimum. Similarly, too many Call-to-actions can distract the user. Remember the visitor has come to your page for information. So, your CTA should be about making a sale.
- Building backlinks: Backlinks are very important. High-quality links will result in high rankings. Read our Link building strategies for more information.
- Make your website mobile friendly: Is your site is responsive? When people visit your site on their mobile phones, will it display perfectly? If your website is not mobile friendly then it will affect your site ranking. So, make a responsive website by providing visitors with a great user experience on mobile to prevent from bouncing.
If your site is well designed, easy to navigate and mobile friendly, then visitors will never leave your site. For more information, read Effective SEO techniques in order to reduce bounce rate for your website.