If you have to count, there are millions of firms out there in the online marketers who are offering the products and services similar to yours.
In such a scenario, how do you knock everyone out of your competition? How do you tell your customers about your presence in the market?
In today’s fast-moving digital world, if there is a need for any information – whether it’s about a piece of cake or about rocket sciences – people “Search Online.” That is why you need to optimize your site for search engines and appear on top results for the searches. Now that you are cleared up with one doubt, you may get your next question popped-up in your head – So how do you get to the top of search results? And, your answer is “SEO.”
SEO is a process of competing with other websites to get to the top which progressively leads you to generate more traffic and sales to your site. Interesting? Now let’s see how to kickstart your SEO.
Below, we’ve listed six steps that you should consider first:
1. Develop Google-friendly content
When your web content is authentic with the proper use of keywords, then it is said to be Google-friendly. Of course, there are several other factors like readability, the simplicity of the language, clear structuring of headings and paragraphs, etc. which decides the level of Google friendliness of the content.
Few Do’s and Don’ts
- Do not duplicate the content. Deliver original content to your readers.
- Avoid “Keyword Stuffing.” Use of appropriate keywords in your content is good. But, overuse of keywords is not appreciated.
- Make your content appealing by using high-quality imagery.
- Develop a simple framework for your content. Structure your content in paragraphs with introduction, conclusion, main headings, subheadings, lists, etc.
2. Generate Backlinks
Backlinks are a great way to increase the rankings of your website quickly. Generating backlinks is a process that involves making other publishers link back to your site or linking your site to other websites. This way you are being more visible to the search engine crawlers and thereby push yourself to higher ranks on SERPs. Generating backlinks sounds like an easy job to do, of course, it is. But when it comes to developing “Qualified Backlinks” to your brand’s website – only smart thinking can make that happen. Remember! High-quality links are essential to generate best-in-class SEO results.
To Generate High-quality Backlinks:
- Write guest posts to show your product to a different set of audiences while generating backlinks
- Develop high-valued sharable content
- Turn “Brand Mentions” into backlinks
3. Do Keyword Research For SEO
In simple words, Keyword Research means finding words that are associated with your website and business niche. Finding the perfect set of keywords, and using them in the title tag or heading tags (H1, H2, H3) is very important. When you tailor your on-page SEO around the right keywords, you can see your website rocketing up to the top positions on SERPs.
Two Simple Ways To Do Keyword Research
- Brainstorm to get an answer for – Which keywords are you organically associated with your product? Put your feet in your customers’ shoes and think about the most probable keywords that pops-out in your customers’ brains.
- If the above step is not working for you, then you can go for online research tools that are free to use.
- Do competitive research. Sneak peek your competitors’ keyword list and use the same keywords for your own. You can do competitive research by using online tools like MOZ or SEMRush etc.
4. Work The Technicals
If creating popular-keyword-oriented content is your first step, then working on your on-page SEO Technicals is your next step. Follow the simple checklist mentioned below:
- Meta-descriptions – deliver unique meta-descriptions to improve click-through-rates (CTR)
- Boost site speed – compress your images or switch to a faster hosting.
- Plug your major keywords in the Title Tags
- Prefer longer content to shorter one for higher Search Engine Rankings.
- Work on internal/inbound link generation.
5. Improve Your Web Design
Will a lousy web-design affect your SEO? Of course, yes. If your audience has decided to leave your website because of your miserable presence on the web, then you have definitely scored well on the “Bounce Rates.” Well, technically speaking if your website’s User interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) are not good enough to please your web visitors then you can’t expect a high SEO.
Steps To Improve Web Design
- Navigation – Good website navigation helps your visitors to find what they want quickly. Start with designing a consistent header and footer.
- Include social share and follow buttons. This helps to create backlinks and eventually improves your Search Engine Ranking.
- Use right-sized images. Improper sizes and arrangement of the images or any other posters may not please your visitor to stay long with the website.
6. Track SEO KPIs
How can you improve SEO if you don’t know the performance of your SEO attempts? So, measuring the success of your SEO is crucial. For example, if you look at Google Analytics Tool, you would find a lot of KPIs that you could rely upon to measure your SEO performance.
Important KPIs That Provides Great Insights:
- Organic Conversion Rates
- Organic Unique Visitors
- Organic Pageviews
- Avg. Time On Site
- Bounce Rates
Organic Conversion Rates, Organic Unique Visitors, and Organic Page Views work well to check on Search Engine Ranking. Whereas, Avg. Time On Site and Bounce Rates help you understand the quality of the website content.
All right, everyone. Now that you have learned a lot of ways to start SEO, remember a critical point. Do not look for overnight successes. That’s not happening anyways. Go slow and be consistent while working on Search Engine Optimization to see great heights. We at Adhishta can help you boost your SEO effort with our years of experience. Write to us at email@example.com to get a free consultation on your digital marketing requirement. We would love to help you with all your queries. All the best!